We will be hosting virtual workshops and forays until social distancing has been lifted due to Covid 19. Looking forward to creatively connecting with you and nature!
- Mushroom Foraging Private HikeTime is TBDLocation is TBDTime is TBDLocation is TBDWant to come forage for mushrooms with me over the Spring, Summer and Fall seasons? Awesome! Sign up below to receive a call out for when I'm going. Groups are small (3-4 people) and fill up fast! If you have a private group you can also message me and we can arrange accordingly <3
- Travel as an Intentional NomadTime is TBDLocation is TBDTime is TBDLocation is TBDTravel and learn with me! Learn about the Midwest-- the cultural and traditional importance of this land, plant ecosystems, and how we as individuals can unite to create a sustainable engagement with the earth and modern life. Reconnect to your wild by learning from Nature.
- Nourishing Winter: Medicinal Foraged Soup WorkshopSat, Feb 02The Plant
- Nourishing Medicinal Perennial Plants- A Hands on Workshop for the Changing SeasonsSat, Aug 18Plant ChicagoAug 18, 2018, 7:00 PMPlant Chicago, 1400 W 46th St, Chicago, IL 60609, USAAs the seasons slowly start to shift it's time to prepare our bodies and perennial plants allies for fall and winter enjoyment! Come join Nina Lawrin from loveren collections and explore the properties of 7 perennial nourishing herbs growing right here at The Plant!
- Mid-Summers Night Foraged DinnerSat, Aug 11El Paseo Community GardenAug 11, 2018, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PMEl Paseo Community Garden, 944 W 21st St, Chicago, IL 60608, USACome join Nina Lawrin of loveren collections and explore the tastes of Chicago's wild at a Mid-Summers Night Foraged Feast at El Paseo Community Garden! This three course meal will highlight a wild, perennial, foraged food in each course along with some fun facts! Learn as you eat:)
- Full Moon Yoga +Infusion WorkshopWed, Jun 27El Paseo Community Garden
- Weekend Female Camping and Foraging Trip <3Fri, Jun 08Illinois Beach State ParkJun 08, 2018, 6:00 PM – Jun 10, 2018, 11:00 AMIllinois Beach State Park, 1 Lake Front Dr, Zion, IL 60099, USAJoin us on this one of a kind Women's getaway to Illinois Beach State Park. We will be hiking and learning about local plants and ecology, eating delicious wild foods that are gluten free and primarily vegan that support our hormonal health. Yoga, campfire and sisterhood! <3
- JUNE Private Foraging Tailored to You!Fri, Jun 01ChicagoJun 01, 2018, 7:00 AM – Jun 30, 2018, 5:00 PMChicago, Chicago, IL, USAI recognize that eating wild perennial foods in the city can be tricky and some of us want or need some one on one time. So whether it's a date night, traveling hike, grand adventure or walk around your neighborhood, I'm here to support you on your journey!
- Full Moon Shrub Making WorkshopSun, May 27Plenitud HouseMay 27, 2018, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AMPlenitud House, 3343 W Douglas Blvd, Chicago, IL 60623, USAJoin me at Plenitud House for Shrub making 101 right at the beginning of the full moon! We will start with a meditation, harvest and learn about 3 medicinal herbs within Permaculture Site: One Straw Community Garden, and make/take home a medicinal shrub!
- Free Morning Hike/Plant Walk: Palos HillsSat, May 26Little Red Schoolhouse Nature CenterMay 26, 2018, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AMLittle Red Schoolhouse Nature Center, 9800 Willow Springs Rd, Willow Springs, IL 60480, USAMeet me the Saturday May 26th at Palos Hills at the Little Red Schoolhouse Nature Center for an informal hike where we can build community, forest bathe, and plant ID. This is an informal hike-I love the company and constant reconnection to nature and each other! <3
- Life After the Storm: Puerto Rico's Creative Resilience After Hurricane MariaFri, May 25Plenitud HouseMay 25, 2018, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PMPlenitud House, 3343 W Douglas Blvd, Chicago, IL 60623, USAJoin Puerto Rican master composter; Dr.Joaquin Chong, at Penitud House for a community discussion speaking toward life after Hurricane Maria, composting large amounts of wood and debris & how communities stay resilient after a natural disaster.
- Volunteers: Healing Permaculture GardenSun, May 20MLK District GardenMay 20, 2018, 9:30 PM – 10:30 PMMLK District Garden, 3732 W 16th St, Chicago, IL 60623, USAHello friends! Come out and join me at the Healing Permaculture Garden dedicated to Female Health! We are at the tail end of making swales and moving mulch and will start spreading soil! If you're ready to help create a site to help heal our bodies, come join at 16th and Ridgeway!
- Foraged foods for Female Health WorkshopSat, May 12Plant ChicagoMay 12, 2018, 10:30 AM – 1:30 PMPlant Chicago, 1400 W 46th St, Chicago, IL 60609, USA-Learn ID of 6-8 plants in Chicago -Get a hands on Feel of our Plant Allies -Foraged Lunch -Take home Foraged Vinegar that participants will make themselves -Build Community to talk about periods, food, and nature RSPV Tickets: http://plantchicago.org/events/foraged-foods-for-female-health/
- Intro to Foraging for Female Health hosted by Warrior PrincessSat, Apr 21Edgewater
- Good Food Expo: Foraged Foods for Female HealthSat, Mar 24UIC ForumMar 24, 2018, 10:30 AM – 11:00 AMUIC Forum, 725 W Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, IL 60608, USAFREE Come join Nina Lawrin at the Good Food Expo to talk about the ongoing journey of balancing hormonal health through food + Nina's top 5 favorite Foraged Foods for Female Health. Gluten Free + Vegan treats to sample + Mini Foraged Food Vinegar Workshop to take home!